Remember to check out TRoach.Org
Contains information about dyslexia, as well as many other areas.
"Trying to do what is right as Our Creator intended."
U.S. VOIP TEL#: xxx.xxx.xxxx
(None at this time)
Philippine #: (maybe one day.)__________
Email: TimR@TRoach.Net ____________
But it is slower than most
Dial-Up Connections in the USA.
I would like to give a big thanks to
Small World Travellers Inn for granting me
internet access when I am in Malaybalay City.
(To see past site notes click here)
Even though you think your anti-virus software is updating automatically and properly, do a manual update at least once a week just to be sure.
If you are using a dial up service always do an
anti-virus update as soon as you log on each day.
See the Latest Virus Threats From Norton
Click here for times around the world.
- CA.com - Computer Associates
-- CA's - Virus information and free system scan
- GriSoft - AVG anti virus software
-- Free download and updates to home users
-- McAfee's virus scan - (requires signup)
-- Norton/Symantec Security check & virus scan
- TrendMicro.com - (PC-cillin)
-- TrendMicro's Free Online Virus Scan & repair
Currency Exchange Rates:
- XE.com -- Universal Currency Converter
Definitions (Computer/Technology Terms):
- Tech Web Encyclopedia -- over 20,000 terms
- TechTarget - file extension meanings
- NameSecure-(email me to recieve 10% off -limited time)
- ICANN.ORG - (The Internet Corporation for
____________Assigned Names and Numbers)
-- ICANN's Accredited List Page
Internet Service Providers
- The List of ISP's - extensive list of ISP providers
- POCIA - Providers of Commercial Internet Access
- Business.Com - Large ISP List
- AltaVista Translations
- The Translation Guide
Network Speed Test:
- DSLreports.Com - several speed test sites.
-- dfw.speakeasy.net - DSLreports' speed test
___________________for Dallas & Fort Worth, Texas
- Cable-Modem.net - speed test site
- Toast.Net - links to several speed test sites
- McAfee Speed test
Payment Services (Online):
- PayPal (used by TRoach QuickPay)
- List of other Services
Sales (Discount Computer hardware & software):
- Pricewatch.com - multi company specials
Site Promotion (free search engine submission):
Site Tools (tools for your web page)
- SubmitExpress meta tag analyzer
- SumitExpress link popularity check
Spyware & Adware detection and removal:
- Aluria Software- Aluria Spyware Removal Software
__Allows Free Spyware Scan
- LavaSoft- tools for removing ad & spy ware
-- LavaSoft Download Area
- Xblock.com - Anti Spy Software
-- Xblock's free scan page.
- Free Trademark search from NameProtect.com
- GRC.com - (ShieldsUp - A lot of useful tools
______________________but also a lot of junk)
Web Site Hosting services:
- ClickHereFree.com - (Lists free & paid services)
- WhoIs.org - (Look up owner of domain name)
- ARIN.Net - (Look up owner of IP address)
- Network-Tools.com - (several lookup tools))
Windows Startup Program Definitions
- WindowsStartup.Com - Main Page.
-- WindowsStartup Search Page - Very useful
_____page to help identify all the programs running
_____in the background of windows enviroments.
_____(Especially useful for finding out if an unknown
_____program is safe; a virus, spyware or adware.)
Computer Related Questions:
Web site value calculation pages. Are they accurate?
With computer security, can TRoach make my system 100% safe?
Has your Cable or DSL provider given you a wireless router?
Thinking of installing KaZaA, FreeMusicWave or other P2P software?
You might want to think again. According to wirednews.com:
Forty-five percent of the executable files downloaded through Kazaa, one of the most popular file-sharing programs, contain malicious code like viruses and Trojan horses, according to a new study.Even Kazaa's / FreeMusicWave's own Software risk notice says that unless the person installing P2P software is very careful by using their software the user is at risk for:
__ http://freemusicwave.com/Share/Support/pop_up.asp or http://kazaa.com/us/p2padvisory.htm
To view their exact statements on the risks of using P2P (their) software.
I'm running up to date anti-virus and anti-spyware how am I still getting infected?
Spy Ware Guide